I had recently written about my problems with my buttonholes. After some back and forth with Gus on the Home Dialysis forums, I finally decided to get another pair of buttonholes.
So, I started alternating the two pairs of sites with sharp needles. The pain was much less since the same pair of sites did not have to undergo the trauma of another cannulation less than half a day after they were used. They got a full day's rest, an opportunity to heal and 'cool down' before they were up and running for another cannulation. Their buddies, the second set of buttonholes would do their bit in the meantime!
So far, it has been all right. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let's see how it goes.